One of the best ways to spread the word about the Million Letter March and generate letters is for volunteers to host letter-writing parties or lead presentations for churches, clubs and other groups.
To host a party or lead a presentation, you’ll need the following:
- Script of the Million Letter March presentation. This runs about 30 minutes, but can be modified. Download here.
- One-pager on Million-Letter March principles. You’ll need to copy this for the number of guests you expect. Download here.
- Million Letter March registration form. You’ll need to have guests fill this out, as this is the information you’ll need to register their letter. Download here.
- Paper and pens, and a table, clipboard or something to write on.
- Internet access (optional): Ability to show the introductory video on the Million Letter March home page. For those are not able to show the video from the Internet, DVDs are available through Mark Reynolds. Send request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Scanner (optional). As most letters will be hand-written at your party, you’ll need to scan them in to upload to the MLM Web site. Most printers have scanners. If you’re unable to scan and upload letters, make photocopies of the letters before mailing them and send the copies and registration forms to:
Citizens Climate Lobby
1330 Orange Ave #300
Coronado, CA 92118
Hosting a party is a great way to build community around the issue of climate change and the solutions needed to solve the problem. We welcome any feedback. If you host a party or lead a presentation and have comments or suggestions, please send them through our contact form.